WHAT IS PEDIATRICS?
Pediatrics is the specialty dedicated to the study and development of children up to adolescence, and the treatment of their illnesses.
In children, the most prevalent respiratory problems are upper respiratory tract conditions such as rhinitis, sinusitis , tonsillitis and otitis . Also infections such as laryngitis, bronchiolitis and pneumonia as well as childhood asthma, allergies, bronchiectasis and pleural pathology.
At Clinica Eupnea Palamós, children are cared for by a specialist in paediatrics, with the support of the allergology, otorhinolaryngology, respiratory physiotherapy, pulmonology and cardiology units.
Along with respiratory physiotherapy, we optimize the non-pharmacological care required by the child with respiratory symptoms or problems, and we instruct in the best use and management of pharmacological treatments. If you are looking for a pediatrician in Palamós, we are your center.
If you would like more information or request a medical visit with our Pediatric specialists, contact Clínica Eupnea Palamós.
DIAGNOSTIC STUDIES AT CLINIC EUPNEA PALAMÓS
- Pulmonary function in the child : It is a basic aspect for the diagnosis, evaluation and follow-up of children who suffer from or are suspected of suffering from respiratory diseases. The most typical tests are spirometry, DLCO, spirometry with bronchodilators, etc.
- Pulse oximetry : This test is used to measure oxygen levels in the blood. It is used to monitor diseases such as COPD, COVID-19, etc.
- Electrocardiogram : Also known as ECG. This is the test that records the heart’s electrical signals. It is a test capable of quickly detecting a heart problem. Its purpose is to show that the heart is beating at a normal rate and strength.
- Allergy tests : Such as skin or epicutaneous tests, spirometry, nasal and conjunctival provocation, etc.
- Airway inflammation study : To diagnose typical diseases such as bronchial asthma in children.
- Ultrasound : This is a test that works by means of sound waves or ultrasound. Ultrasound is usually used in children to check the abdominal organs.
- Cardiorespiratory polygraphy : It is used to diagnose some sleep disorders present in children. This test gives detailed information about the quality and duration of sleep by monitoring and recording the heartbeat, breathing or oxygen in the blood.
- Infection diagnostic test : These consist of rapid diagnostic tests to detect respiratory viral infections.