WHAT ARE GYNECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS?
The specialty ofGynecology and Obstetrics is dedicated to meeting the needs of the integral health of women, both in terms of prevention and monitoring of a possible pathology.
The branch of Gynecology studies and treats diseases of the female reproductive system : menstrual disorders, breast pathologies, menopause , etc.; and the branch of Obstetrics , provides comprehensive care to women throughout their fertile period ( pregnancy, birth and postpartum )
Other types of problems are also treated, such as menopause, the study of women’s sexual and reproductive health, contraception, sterility, hormonal problems , etc.
A regular gynecological examination is necessary to prevent and detect any alterations that may exist.
On the other hand, at Clínica Eupnea Palamós we have nutritionists specialized in treating women’s hormonal health.
Providing the right nutrients can help balance a woman’s hormonal balance and thus help regulate menstruation, relieve premenstrual or menstrual syndrome, enhance fertility and prepare before or after pregnancy. It can also help reduce the symptoms of menopause.
If you want to make an appointment with a gynecologist in Palamós, we are your Clinic. You can consult all our specialties here.
DIAGNOSTIC STUDIES AT CLINIC EUPNEA PALAMÓS
- Abdominal ultrasound : This is a test that works using sound waves or ultrasound. It is carried out for pregnant women for prenatal control in which the correct development of the fetus is checked by an image of the embryo inside the placenta.
- Transvaginal Gynecological Ultrasound and Color Doppler : It is the examination test of the uterus, cervix, ovaries and Fallopian tubes. With this test, the detection of benign and neoplastic pathologies can be achieved. For this reason, it is recommended that all women perform this test periodically.
- Cytology : Vaginal cytology studies the cells that are obtained by scraping the cervix. Thanks to this test, many cancerous diseases can be quickly detected, such as cervical cancer, associated with the Human Papilloma Virus. The general recommendation for healthy patients is a cytology every 2 years.
- Clinical Analysis : It consists of a laboratory test where the sample is obtained from blood, urine, feces, etc. It is usually requested by the specialist doctor as a complementary test to confirm or rule out a diagnosis.
- Metabolic Analysis: In the Gynecology specialty, it is a very useful test to assess the lack or abundance of certain hormones.
- Study for sexually transmitted diseases (STD test): STD tests are used to find out if there is a sexually transmitted infection. Depending on the type of infection that is suspected, they can be done: blood analysis, urine analysis, swab tests, spinal puncture, etc.