It is the discipline dedicated to improving and restoring proper breathing when there is difficulty breathing.
The objectives are:
- Avoid respiratory sequelae
- Encourage the drainage of nasal or bronchial secretions
- Work and re-educate the respiratory muscles
- Promote pharmacological treatment
- Promote self-control of breathing
A specialist physiotherapist, together with the medical specialist, are the professionals who direct the therapy, help and supervise the patient, also evaluating the achievement of the goals set.